Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In the beginning...

Here goes nothing. Who doesn't love a cupcake? If you answered this question "ME!" then please leave this site...immediately. I've baked with my mom and grandma ever since I was tall enough to reach the counter (actually that's a lie...I remember my mom putting the batter bowl down on a chair so I could help stir since I wasn't quite tall enough). It is something that just makes me so incredibly happy. It all started out with a good ole' fashion sugar cookie. My mom would always let me help cut the shapes, and of course sprinkles were a must. Eventually transitioning into helping with cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and then doing these all on my own.

I love being creative, and trying to come up with new ways to change the presentation and appearance of my baked goods. But I would say my absolute favorite part of baking is seeing/hearing people's reactions after they take the first bite. This might slightly stem from my people pleasing tendencies, but none the less I just can't get enough of it. I will bake for loved ones, co-workers, strangers, your dog (no chocolate of course)...ANYONE with at least one good tastebud. So this brings me to today. I'm on a mission, to cure every sweet tooth one cupcake at a time. I wouldn't say I'm a cupcake expert...yet. However, I want to start developing my own recipes, combinations, and presentations. I get excited just thinking about it. Where this road is going to take me, I'm not quite sure yet. I guess if you come back to read again...we'll find out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment